|Kennedy helped destroy the United States with his 1965 immigraton policies|
|BOSTON — Sen. Edward Kennedy’s first major legislative victory helped change the face of this country. In 1965, Kennedy sponsored the Immigration and Nationality Act, which lifted national quotas on immigrants entering the country. This victory also launched his political career advocating for the foreign-born. Before 1965, it was nearly impossible for immigrants from anywhere besides Western Europe to come to the United States. Sen. Kennedy was in his early thirties and in office just a couple of years when he sponsored a bill that would change all that. The legislation allowed “us to break away from the kind of discriminatory quotas that existed for decades,” said Paul Watanabe, professor of political science at the University of Massachusetts Boston.|
|From tiredofit – 27 Aug 2009 @ 04:40 pm|
|i’ll go to my grave remembering him as the man who single-handedly destroyed the fabric of America|
|From sicofspicas – 27 Aug 2009 @ 03:54 pm|
|i feel sorry for the worms that have to eat that fat pos lard ace body.bury him face down so he can see his way to hell.|
|From kay – 27 Aug 2009 @ 01:08 pm|
|let’s review:Immigration Reform and Control Act 1986- “This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this”. – Ted Kennedy
1. In 1986, Ted Kennedy’s blanket amnesty for not 1.1 but 2.7 million illegal aliens promised a lot more enforcement but did not set any requirements for actual reductions in illegal immigration. The illegal flow continued.
2. In 1994, Ted Kennedy’s Section 245(i) Amnesty gave legal residence and jobs to 578,000 illegal aliens. It was a temporary rolling amnesty primarily for extended family members of immigrants who instead of waiting in line, come on to the country illegally. The illegal flow continued.
3. In 1997, Ted Kennedy’s extension of the Section 245(i) rolling amnesty was followed by an increasing flow of illegal immigration.
4. In 1997, Ted Kennedy also won an amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America. Illegal immigration sped up some more.
5. In 1998, Ted Kennedy won an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti. The illegal flow continued.
6. In 2000, Ted Kennedy got the so-called Late Amnesty, legalizing another 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed that they missed out on Kennedy’s 1986 amnesty. Illegal immigration continued unimpeded.
7. In 2000, Ted Kennedy also won the LIFE Act Amnesty for an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. It was another reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty., an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. Illegal immigration accelerated
|From Gorilla – 27 Aug 2009 @ 09:13 am|
|Teddy looked out for everyone except the working Americans.|
|From BW – 27 Aug 2009 @ 07:14 am|
|And America was a much, much better place before Fat Ted’s immigration invasion. I remember that America and it is now gone forever.If I ever get anywhere near that cesspool of traitors in the District of Cowards I will go and empty my bladder on all of the sorry bastards called Kennedy, at Arlington.|
|From conservative1 – 27 Aug 2009 @ 06:52 am|
|He won’t be shaping anything else.|
|From MutterMutter – 27 Aug 2009 @ 05:52 am|
|And when he did… he shaped that immigration policy with his bigotry, malice and prejudice.He was a loser. He assumed this role as immigration champion because a limited intellect let him think it was an issue. And in the end, I don’t think he ever.. ever understood why immigration to this country is simply not a good idea for the very people he championed.
Is it sad.. is it good. This country needs limited .. limited immigration in very serious science and technology fields. We have extensive educational ability, and what cannot be taught is very small. What this huge educational complex does not offer is that area where we need immigration.
And we have people to fill those very lowest of jobs. We have far to many people who can easily fill those menial positions. And that is what Kennedy should have focused on.
|From Heartwood – 27 Aug 2009 @ 04:37 am|
|“We are a nation of immigrants,” is now a montra that is total disinformation. Most countries were formed when migration brought people to opportunity. Today we only have opportunity to divide what we have left to ever increasing numbers of poor masses. We are not still conquering the wilderness. We have automation halving the necessary labor to accomplish tasks every six or so years. All of Washington knows this and still they invite more poor despite the factual evidence that the electorite wants illegal immigrants to go home and employers of illegals jailed. The only thing democratic about this country is the Massachusetts scourge. They know that illegal immigrants arn’t locating in Massachusetts.|
|From Gottagetemout – 27 Aug 2009 @ 03:13 am|
Boy we chose our heroes
|From Dave-co – 27 Aug 2009 @ 12:49 am|
|He has helped destroy this country. Ding dong the dick is dead the wicked dick is dead|